Saturday, February 4, 2012

Beautiful Weather... Is Spring on it's Way Already?

The past few days have been absolutely gorgeous here in Sooke; Spring-like indeed.  I'm happy to say I have my camera back after a minor repair, so I am back in business!  Perfect timing!  It's a great time to get out there, to your favorite location in Sooke, and let  me capture some memories for you!  Some popular locations include Whiffin Spit, the Sooke Potholes, areas along the Galloping Goose Trail, and French Beach.  Did you also know there are some fantastic locations in the Port Renfrew area?

Growing up in Southern Ontario, my family always used to take drives - and in a place like that, there was never any shortage of directions to go, roads to take, or places to visit.  It's something that I continue to enjoy doing no matter where life takes me.  When my husband and I moved here, Port Renfrew was the first place we went to see outside of Sooke.  While a very small community, we thoroughly enjoyed it and all it has to offer!  (There is so much potential there, too!)  We have since visited several parts of the town, and I've found some magnificent backdrops for outdoor photo shoots.  My favorites include the beach at the campground, the bridges leading to the marina, and Botanical Beach.  Nearby is also China Beach or Sombrio Beach, both excellent sites, even though they're a bit of a trek to get to!  If you're feeling adventurous and don't mind the drive out there, I certainly don't mind making the hour-long trip to take your photos!  Why not make a day of it and take your family there for a nice hike, enjoy some delicious breakfast at the Coastal Cafe or lunch at the Port Renfrew Hotel?  Or, go early in the morning for a chance to go tide pooling at Botanical Beach, have a picnic lunch and then meet up with me for your photo shoot.  Be sure to check the tide charts before you go to make the most out of your time there: http://www.dairiki.org/tides/monthly.php/rnf will give you a good indication of when to go.  The best times, we've found, is about an hour before the tide is at it's lowest.  (Hint: April 8th and 9th are the next closest dates with the lowest tides, at 8:42am and 9:31am, respectively.  After that, May 5th-9th are also good dates).

Whichever location you choose in the Southern Vancouver Island area (and there are PLENTY), I am more than happy to turn your cherished moments into memories that will last a lifetime.  There are many other great spots to choose - Victoria Harbour, a nice little park in Esquimalt called Saxe Point Park, Beacon Hill Park, Esquimalt Lagoon, etc.

Email me today to set up a session date and time - and remember, even if the weather isn't perfect on the day of your photo shoot, it doesn't mean we still can't capture some fantastic shots!  Rolling with the punches is sometimes the best way to get great photos!

murchiesphotography@gmail.com - view the price list to the right, and contact me today to book!

No comments:

Post a Comment