Monday, March 26, 2012

Lots to do, lots to share!

There's a bunch of stuff coming up pretty quickly here, and I wanted to take a few moments to share all the exciting news!

I've won a few items lately from some contests over on Facebook, and they all happen to be gorgeous little newborn headbands!!  I can't wait to use them in my upcoming newborn photo shoots! Speaking of which, there should be two coming up in the next couple of weeks!  I'm SO, SO excited about them!!!  I just can't wait to go and meet these precious little bundles and create some fabulous images with them!

Recently, I began posting images of some crocheted items I've been busily making.  These are items that I intend to use in my own photo sessions.  I've made quite a bit now, and I decided in the last couple of days to list them on my Facebook page and on Used Victoria for sale (not the ones I'll be using, but more just like them).  My turnaround time is pretty quick; on average I'd say between 2-4 days, depending on how many orders I have to complete.  I've recently changed the look and feel of my blog, as you may have noticed, and there are now tabs at the top to make accessing information a little easier.  You'll see one called Crocheted Items For Sale, so you can click there to view some of the items I have.  All items will be posted on my Facebook page.  All you need to do is send me an email with your paypal email address and which item(s) you would like, and I'll send it to you right away (if it's ready to sell) or get going on it right away!  Many of these items, i.e. the hats and headbands, can be used for any little wee one, but some should only be used as photography props, i.e. the cocoons, stork pouches, etc.

I've also been advertising some specials that I'm running this spring for photo shoots.  I currently have 4 ads running:

1. $100 family or engagement photo sessions (click here to view ad)

2. FREE Newborn photo sessions (click here to view ad)

3. Newborn "Casting Call" Photo Sessions (click here to view ad)

4. Crocheted Newborn and Toddler Items For Sale (click here to view ad)

If you are interested in any of the above specials, please email me, and pass it along to friends who may be interested!  The crocheted items will make fabulous additions to any photographer's prop stash! :)

I have some sessions booked in the next couple of months, including newborns, family, and maternity, and I am STOKED about all of them!  The more, the merrier!  Anyone in the Greater Victoria Area who needs to have photos done, please feel free to contact me!  My price list is also conveniently located on a tab at the top of my blog! :)

Lastly, I have decided to add two more very important items to my list of photo sessions.  One is weddings.  This is something that I'm slowly working up to, as they are LOT of work, but I'm super excited to be offering this type of photography.  I have not yet booked anything, but am looking for some smaller weddings to photograph to get me started!  If you know of anyone who is looking for a wedding photographer, please do pass my information on.  Also, something I'm so excited about I can't even explain it - birth photography!!  This is something that is becoming the next "up and coming thing" in the world of photography, it seems.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE babies, and anything to do with birth and all that fun stuff.  My husband and I have had three children so far, with the hopes of having another one at some point.  I've given birth naturally, in the hospital and at home, and am aiming for a water birth next time.  We didn't have a professional photographer present at any of them, but I know the importance of having one there.  We have some photos, but I know many more could have been taken had we hired someone to be there strictly for that purpose.  I come to your place of birth when you enter the active labour stage, at around the same time you'd call your midwife or doctor.  I keep as quiet and inconspicuous as possible, and I know what moments to look for.  I can capture all the moments you don't even know you're missing, moments that you will be so thankful to have later on.  Those first looks of unconditional love, the overwhelming joy, the tears of happiness, the first time you look into your baby's eyes.

Please see the tabs at the top of my page for more details, and contact me today to book a photo session (in whatever capacity you're looking for)! :)

Very excited about all this stuff going on!  As I predicted late last year, 2012 is going to be a very exciting and successful year for me - and the ball has started rolling! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment